Pet Food Recall ~ From Itchmo


Do read the whole post, but I just had to comment on this.


The deaths of dozens of dogs and cats nationwide have been linked to imported pet food containing Chinese wheat gluten tainted with the chemical melamine. (Emphasis ours.)

How many times have dozens of reputable sources said it’s not dozens, but thousands of deaths? Oregon alone reported dozens of deaths. Dan Caterinicchia, we are sorely disappointed in your ability to Google. And it’s not just melamine, or just wheat gluten. Tsk. Tsk.

Every time some idiot reporter implies that it was only a dozen dogs and cats who died I want to throw up. It was THOUSANDS and to imply otherwise is insulting to the THOUSANDS of owners who are still grieving the loss of their pets.

More than 5 million people visited a Web site dedicated to the issue in April alone and consumers appear to trust the agency’s information since its recall pages routinely top searches done using Google Inc.’s engine, Arbesfeld said.


Trust! I don't think so the FDA is the same agency that knew products were contaminated but refused to give pet owners the names of the products so we could avoid buying them and feeding them to our innocent pets. We had to wait for the companies to decide to do the 'right thing' and voluntarily recall their products. So NO I don't trust the FDA to protect me or my pets.

No comments: