Hi, This is off topic but I couldn't think of another way to ask you a question.
There was an Article in today's local paper (Indiana) about the relocation of God's Katrina Kitchen. I was wondering how this is playing up in your local news. Our church went on a Mission Trip to Gautier last year and went there one night. I was hoping they would plan another trip this year and I would get to go... but nothing has been planned.
Is the area recovering? Is there still a need? Information has dropped off the news. I have a soft spot in my heart for the area... I visited the Gautier and Pascagula (I know that is butchering of the spelling) area in my college days (ex-fiance even proposed there)and still CRAVE crab claws and Mama Mahoney's. Christie
God's Katrina Kitchen was relocated (or closed - I am not sure which) due to increased crime in the area and the residents complaints about the Kitchen's location.
To tell you the truth I haven't been over to Gulfport in ages so I don't know how they are coming along. There are places in Biloxi that are still in recovery but I am happy to report that Mary Mahoney's is back in business.
I imagine some areas still need help, but I really don't know what the status of the recovery is.
2 comments:
Hi, This is off topic but I couldn't think of another way to ask you a question.
There was an Article in today's local paper (Indiana) about the relocation of God's Katrina Kitchen. I was wondering how this is playing up in your local news. Our church went on a Mission Trip to Gautier last year and went there one night. I was hoping they would plan another trip this year and I would get to go... but nothing has been planned.
Is the area recovering? Is there still a need? Information has dropped off the news. I have a soft spot in my heart for the area... I visited the Gautier and Pascagula (I know that is butchering of the spelling) area in my college days (ex-fiance even proposed there)and still CRAVE crab claws and Mama Mahoney's.
Christie
God's Katrina Kitchen was relocated (or closed - I am not sure which) due to increased crime in the area and the residents complaints about the Kitchen's location.
To tell you the truth I haven't been over to Gulfport in ages so I don't know how they are coming along. There are places in Biloxi that are still in recovery but I am happy to report that Mary Mahoney's is back in business.
I imagine some areas still need help, but I really don't know what the status of the recovery is.
Post a Comment