Thundering Thursday with Chimera (Thankful Thursday)

I like to play in the azaleas. It's a good place to hide and you can find all sorts of animals to play with.


The yard is most unsatisfactory see all the water just laying around. And it's thundering so we will probably get more.


Thundering also means I should probably go in, if I don't want to get soaked to the skin.


But I have to find my way through the raging torrents of water. 


OK it's not THAT bad, but I don't want to get my paws wet.


Clever Mom she got me and my reflection in this picture. 


The poor dogs haven't gotten to go for a walk in forever. The front yard (where I am at ) is relatively dry. Meaning there are some dry patches to walk on. The backyard is a morass of  sticky mud that tries to suck you down. It will even eat the lawn mower. Which means Dad hasn't been able to cut the grass back there. Mom refuses to deal with high grass (snakes) and mud.  So no walks. 



 Rain rain go away Chimera wants to come out and play.

Mom said I had to find something to be thankful for. So I am thankful the sun came out for a little bit and I was able to come outside, even if it is wet.  But mostly I am thankful that everyone is doing mostly OK. Mom's back is still bothering her, and she is supposed to get something called an MRI.  ~Chimera, reporting for ATCAD

17 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

we have such a kind of venice too.... fortunately it is gone now....

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We are glad your Venice is gone now, we are hoping ours will decide to go visit someone else soon. Thanks for visiting us. ~Chimera

Mickey's Musings said...

We have a 'chance' of rain., maybe thundershowers. It is cloudy that's all so far.
It is nice that you got out to wander around and see your reflection in the puddle :)
Hope your sun comes back soon.
Purrs, Julie

The Florida Furkids said...

We would welcome some rain here. Cool reflection photo!

Sandee said...

You sure are a most good looking kitty. If you want to send some of that rain here we'd be very happy.

Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday and rest of the week. Scritches all around. ♥

Millie and Walter said...

We saw that your area was getting a lot of rain and hoped it wasn't too bad where you are. You could send some of it our way as we are still in drought conditions here.

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

We might get some thundery storms here later today. Hope you'll be dried out soon for a more pleasant walk, for you and your furblings.

We send POTP for your Mom, as a hurting back is no fun at all.

Catscue Cat Mom said...

Here's hoping the rain goes away and you can play Chimera (and that your Mom's back gets better).

Brian's Home Blog said...

That was an excellent report sweet Chimera and I'm hoping things dry out for you soon. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Purrs for your mom, and that things dry out for you soon!

Andree said...

Every bit of sun without awful heat is something to be thankful for, you are right. Have a wonderful weekend!

pilch92 said...

That is a cool photo with your reflection. XO

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

That looks like a good spy spot

Loulou said...

Those little patty-paws must be damp, Chimera, but what a great reflection pool!

Snowbrush said...

Such a lovely cat! Calicos are nearly always female, I've read.

I noted the chert in the photos. I'm from Brookhaven, MS, but have lived in Oregon's Willamette Valley since 1986. Oregon rocks are mostly igneous, although if I dig a hole in my backyard, I will find fossils (in shale) at around three feet. If I drive four miles from home, I'll come to a roadcut which has leaf fossils--the place where I live having been in an ancient sea that was just offshore from a forest.

I'm here because I read your last comment on Mark's Mews. I have five cats, and have just started a blog (I've only written two posts) that's devoted to cats.

It's always fun to run into someone from Mississippi.

My Tata's Cottage said...

That looks like a nice walk outdoors. Your photos are really great.

Dawn said...

Great photos and glad you didn't get your paws wet, we're still desperate for more rain here in the UK xxxx