Rainbow Bridge Rememberance Day #rainbowbridgeremembranceday


 My last day (March 11, 2017) and my last post at ATCAD. It's fitting that it's on Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day. From now on if I post I will be joining my brother Whiskers @ The Last Meow. Me and him were really close so I asked Mommy to redo the header and let me join him there. He went to the Rainbow Bridge in March 9,  2007 during the height of the Petfood Recall.

 The night before Mom and Dad noticed my jaw was bleeding, it had happened before so the Mom wasn't too worried, but this time it meant the end. Daddy had to work that Saturday so Mommy made arrangements to take me into the vet early that morning (they are only open until noon on Saturdays). They knew what Mommy didn't and my sweet Vet Tech came in on her day off to tell me Goodbye. Mommy couldn't get Daddy on the phone and she had promised we would go sit in the Hummingbird Cottage after the vet visit so she wasn't ready to let me go. They sent me home with her and me and Mommy went down to the Hummingbird Cottage to spend my last hours here.

 It was sort of windy so I stayed in the carrier but I could see the birds and the flowers. Once Daddy got home we went back to the vet and she helped me go to the Rainbow Bridge. Whiskers and Charybdis and all the other cats and dogs who have gone before were there waiting for me. There were even horses there.

 She put me in this pretty bag for Mommy to carry me home, it even had a beautiful flower on it.

 Mommy knew how much I enjoyed sitting in the Hummingbird Cottage so they put me close to it.


 And they found a Banana Shrub to go on top of my resting place. It is a type of Magnolia and the flowers smell like bananas.

 The Banana Shrub is doing very well, which makes Mommy happy. She knows I am looking after it. ~Socks, saying goodby to ATCAD




 PeeS: We here at ATCAD want to thank  Deb Barnes of Zee and Zoey’s Cat Chronicles, author of Purr Prints of the Heart and founder of Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day, for starting this special day to remember the pets who have so greatly enriched our lives. Mommy made a tribute for Charybdis that you can see here.







17 comments:

Mickey's Musings said...

March 11 being Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day is purrfect for us as that is the day our Mickey crossed that Bridge.
We really like your resting place Socks.
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ

Summer said...

Purrs to you all today as you remember Socks, and the others who came before.

pilch92 said...

Your folks chose a beautiful place for you. XO

Deb Barnes said...

This tribute post is so, so beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing and for participating in Rainbow Bridge Remembrance Day. Purrs from Deb, the Zee/Zoey gang, and Purr Prints of the Heart.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Beautiful post.

Sending purrs and hugs

Athena and Marie xx

Eastside Cats said...

I am all leaky eyes while reading your post, Angel Socks!

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Such a wonderful and heart rending tribute, I have tears for both the loss and the beauty of your love and friendship... sweet dreams until you all meet up again over the bridge...
Gentle purrs
Erin

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Our eyes are brimming and overflowing...and we thank you for sharing this precious tribute for your Dear beloved Socks.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful tribute, and a perfect resting place for Socks.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Such a beautiful tribute to Socks. You were so loved by your family.

Woos - Lightning and Misty

The Menagerie Mom said...

Beautiful. Socks, you clearly lived a life full of so much love. We know your mom and dad miss you, but we also have faith that you are still with them, always and forever. Purrs and prayers to you all, as you remember your angels.

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

Oh, this gave us all leaky eyes. Such a beautiful post.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

sending you love and (((hugs))) as you remember xoxoxo Just beautiful catchatwithcarenandcody

catladymac said...

Sweet Socks - we are so glad we got to know you, even for a short while ! You and Whiskers fly free together !

Cathy Keisha said...

A really special post. Sending love to all of you today as you remember Socks.

Millie and Walter said...

What a lovely send off you had Socks. We know your fur sibs are missing you.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

A beautiful post in memory of Socks.